Mid-Level | full-time
Foundation drilling assistant will be tasked with providing support to the drilling foreman in the construction of drilled deep foundations, soil nails, rock anchors, and helical piles. The drilling assistant will be providing support in both top hammer and down-hole foundation drilling, earth retention, underpinning, grouting and shoring. The drilling assistant will be working with the drilling foreman and crew to make sure each project is completed on time, safely, and to the highest standard. Drilling assistants will also be responsible for ensuring on site equipment and materials are organized, equipment is maintained, and may involve onsite repair and maintenance. Yellowstone Structural Systems is both a locally and Veteran owned business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proficient in safely loading and lashing down material and equipment loads for transportation.
- Unloading equipment and tools.
- Perform pre-trip inspection and make minor mechanical adjustments as necessary on equipment.
- Operates general construction site tools and equipment to perform support tasks for drilling operations.
- Provides manual labor as needed specific to the task.
- Coordinate with drilling foreman on project needs.
- Works harmoniously with peers, supervisors, and the public and complies with YSS’ internal policies.
- Willingness to travel throughout Montana, northern Wyoming, and eastern Idaho.
- Flexibility to come in early and/or stay late to meet the demanding schedule of a service based company.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Understand the nature of foundation drilling.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to challenge themselves.
- Ability to be given instructions and see that task gets accomplished.
- This job will be predominantly outside work.
- This job will often include out of town work.
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices preferred.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials or on a computer/tablet/phone screen.
- Be in possession of reasonable mechanical ability including the use of general construction tools and an aptitude to learn and understand specialized equipment pieces.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English, including strong presentation skills.
- A valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and the ability to drive for the company.
- High School diploma or GED
- Willing to travel and stay out of town frequently
- Must be able to regularly lift 50-100 pounds
- Must reside in or near Belgrade or Bozeman Montana or be actively relocating within 30 days.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25 - $30 per hour